Some, but certainly not all, members of the Creighton Community will connect to campus from home or other remote location using VPN (Virtual Private Network). If you are looking to connect to the Creighton network with your iPad via VPN, this page will provide the basics on how to get connected.
Go to the App Store and Download AnyConnect by Cisco. This is a free App.
Once you’ve downloaded and installed AnyConnect on your iPad, launch the App.
On the left side of the screen tap Add New Connection
In the dialogue box that appears you need to add some information:
- For Description, enter: Blue
- For the Server Address, enter: https://cuvpn1.creighton.edu
- Tap the Save button in the upper right of the dialogue box.
Now that you have saved the server configurations you are ready to connect.
In the upper left side of the screen tap on the On / Off Toggle switch next to AnyConnect VPN.
A new dialogue box will appear. You need to add additional information:
- For User Name, enter your NetID
- For Password, enter your Blue Password (This is the same password that you use to check your Creighton email.)
You will get a new pop-up Cautioning about ASA Security. Tap Accept.
You are now connected to the Creighton network over VPN.
You can tap the home button to leave the application.
To stop the VPN connection, return to AnyConnect and tap on the On / Off Toggle to shut down the connection.