Creighton EDGE COVID-19 Information
The Creighton University community continues to closely monitor the development of COVID-19 and our first priority is the safety and well-being of our students and staff. For that reason and following the guidance from the University, the Creighton EDGE office will be closed, but staff will be working remotely.
Please visit the Creighton Coronavirus page for the latest information and guidance.
Pre-Professional Advisors are continuing to offer Zoom web conferencing and phone appointments to our students. Book a one-on-one appointment with a Pre-Professional Advisor through CreightonConnect. Once confirmed, a Zoom link will be sent to you via email. If you prefer a phone appointment, please indicate your preference for a phone appointment and include your cell phone number in the “Detailed Description” section and the Pre-Professional Advisor will call you for your appointment time.
You can access Creighton’s Zoom web conferencing via web browser or download the application to a smart device here.
Disability Services has worked with Creighton’s Teaching and Learning Center to ensure that academic accommodations will be moved online to the greatest extent possible. It is recommended that you reach out to your professor about your accommodations during this time. If you are not registered with Disability Services and are in need of a short-term accommodation as a result of this outbreak, please complete this form.
Academic Success Services
Academic Success is prepared to provide academic coaching and tutoring in an online environment. Our goal is to maintain the same level of high-quality support and accessibility of services that students have come to expect from Academic Success. The process for accessing tutoring and academic coaching services is not much different than what students are accustomed to and is outlined (and updated regularly) at success.creighton.edu
- Academic Coaches will continue to meet 1:1 with students via Zoom. Students should use CreightonConnect to schedule appointments as usual, then use the link provided in the confirmation email to log in to the meeting at the appropriate time. Step-by-step instructions are available at success.creighton.edu under Academic Coaching. Phone appointments are available by request.
- Tutoring will be moving all services online via Zoom beginning Monday,March 23rd. As always, students can make 1:1 appointments and find group tutoring information and schedules at success.creighton.edu.
- 1:1 Tutoring: Students should continue to schedule appointments for 1:1 tutoring through BluePoint.
Once the appointment is made, the tutor will send a follow-up email to the student with a link to join the Zoom session. Detailed instructions will be available at success.creighton.edu. Students and tutors are encouraged to use the Zoom whiteboard feature or screen-share if needed.
- Drop-in BIO|CHM|MTH/PHY Tutoring | Sun-Thurs | 6-9pm CST: Links to drop-in sessions will be available at success.creighton.edu under Tutoring/Drop-In Tutoring schedule.
Students should find a tutor who covers their course and click the tutor’s name, which will open the link to the tutor’s Zoom session. Drop-in tutors will spend approximately 10-15 minutes with each student (as usual) before moving to the next student in the waiting room. Wait times may vary, but we will do our best to keep things moving! Students and tutors are encouraged to use the Zoom whiteboard feature or screen-share to keep sessions collaborative.
- Attached Tutoring: Links to attached tutoring sessions will be available at success.creighton.edu under Tutoring/Attached Tutoring. Attached tutoring sessions will continue in a group format, with multiple students logged in at the same time for q&a . Tutors may answer questions individually or choose to review information with the whole group via the whiteboard feature or screen-sharing in Zoom.
- Supplemental Instruction: Links to supplemental instruction sessions will be available at success.creighton.edu under Tutoring/Supplemental Instruction. Supplemental Instruction Leaders will continue to provide a content review and practice/study materials along with a q&a portion at the end of each session. Tutors may answer questions individually or choose to review information with the whole group via the whiteboard feature or screen-sharing in Zoom.
- Multiple academic support resources are also available at Academic Tips and Tools . These include tips and strategies for success in online classes, weekly planners and tools for time management, suggestions on managing academic anxiety, and exam wrappers.
Switching to an all-online format will likely bring some challenges, but your friends in Academic Success are here to help make the transition as smooth as possible. Please reach out to an academic coach or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or concerns.
John P. Fahey Career Center
The John P. Fahey Career Center services are available to students via online options. Students can schedule virtual career advising appointments through Handshake either via Phone or Video (Zoom) appointment mediums. If Phone Appointment is requested, please include your cell phone number in the “Help Requested” section of the Handshake appointment request and the Career Advisor will call for your scheduled appointment time. If Video (Zoom) appointment is requested, a Zoom link will be sent to you via email as an Outlook calendar invitation.
The Career Center offers many free, helpful resources for students at www.creighton.edu/careercenter
Specific resources include:
- Main Phone Number: 402-280-5566
- Main E-mail:email@example.com
- Website: https://www.creighton.edu/edge
- Marianne Clark: firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Maureen Beat:email@example.com
Academic Success & Tutoring Questions:
- Dr. Joe Ecklund: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Randi Bibins-Clark: email@example.com
- Sarah Shaner: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ryan McLaughlin: email@example.com
Pre-Professional Advising Questions:
- Julie Olson: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Linda Dunn: email@example.com
- Rachel Gibson: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tobias Nownes: email@example.com
- Dr. Charles Austerberry: firstname.lastname@example.org
Career Center Questions:
- Phone: 402-280-2722
- MaryAnn Tietjen: email@example.com