The Office of Disability Services cultivates an accessible and inclusive community where students with permanent and temporary disabilities have an equal opportunity to participate in all aspects of campus life. We facilitate student advocacy, learning, and access through partnerships with students, faculty, and staff.
for all students
COLLABORATE across campus
Creighton University is committed to providing services and resources to meet the needs of qualified students with disabilities, ensuring equal access to academic programs and University facilities. Guided by Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the American with Disabilities Act of 1990, and the ADA Amendment Act of 2008, Disability Services coordinates the process through which all students request and receive reasonable accommodations, working closely with faculty and staff to meet individual needs.
Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, and the ADA Amendments Act of 2008 provide for reasonable accommodations and services to qualified individuals with disabilities.
Creighton University requires that written documentation of a student’s disability be provided to the Director of Disability Services before any assistance can be provided.
This written document must be provided by a qualified evaluator as determined by the Director of Disability Services, and should provide current recommendations for a postsecondary setting.
Academic accommodations are for adjustments within courses, such as coursework, accessible documents, etc.
To request an academic accommodation, log into the Disability Services Portal and click on the Intake and Self Registration buttons.
Disclosure of a disability to appropriate University personnel is the student’s responsibility.
The university cannot act on verbal or written statements by a parent, counselor, or teacher. A one-line letter or verification of a diagnosis written on a prescription pad is not adequate documentation to support requests for accommodations.
If specific accommodations are needed, the student must:
- Notify your need of accommodations to Disability Services
- Provide documentation
- Complete a written needs assessment
Once an acceptable documentation of disability is on file, accommodations will be provided in as reasonable a time as the particular circumstance of the request for accommodation warrants.
Accommodations for housing can be requested through the online housing accommodation request form.
Questions about dietary restrictions? Reach out to our Registered Dietitian.
Students can request a temporary/provisional accommodation through the online temporary accommodation request form.
The Office of Disability Services is located on the 4th floor of the Old Gym
Building number 28 on the Campus Map
2500 California Plaza
Old Gym, Room 437
Omaha, NE 68178
Associate Director, Disability Services
Disability Services Coordinator
- Disability Services Portal
- How-To Video: Registering and Generating Accommodation Letters in the Disability Services Portal
- How-To Video: Scheduling an Exam through the Disability Services Portal
- Download: PowerPoint of “Registering and Generating Accommodation Letters” and “Scheduling an Exam through the Disability Services Portal” how-to videos
- Campus Map
- Counseling Center
- Academic Coaching
- Resources for Job Seekers with Disabilities
Staff and Faculty
- Disability Services Portal
- How-To Video: Confirming Accommodation Letters in Disability Services Portal
- How-To Video: Exam Scheduling in Disability Services Portal
- Download: PowerPoint of the “Confirming Accommodation Letters” and “Exam Scheduling in Disability Services Portal” how-to videos
- Download: Disabilities Services Syllabus Statement
- Disability Accommodation and Awareness Committee