Reflection Paper.

For my fourth paper, I decided to focus my online blog on the aspect of learning through multimedia language. At the beginning of the semester, we were assigned to read Elizabeth Daley’s article entitled, “Expanding the Concept of Literacy,” which brought forth the importance of learning through other means of literacy aside from printed text. I decided to run with this concept and created a blog that would allow my viewers to learn about various topics I decided to discuss through text, images, video tutorials, and audio. Similarly to Elizabeth Daley’s views, I also believe some concepts can be learned through these other means of obtaining information and have proven to be very effective and thorough.

Creating the blog itself with the information I wanted proved to be a little tricky and very time consuming. I have several other blogs that I use on a daily basis, so the formatting was very similar to what I have done in the past. However, I did run into a few minor problems when creating the blog. First off, I could not align my pictures in a collage the way I wanted to for my “About Me” section, which proved to be quite frustrating. I had wanted to create three rows of pictures, three pictures long; but the formatting would not allow me to put the pictures this way. I played around with it for quite some time before giving up.

The second problem I faced was trying to figure out what I wanted my “DIY” blog to include. I knew that I wanted to embrace Elizabeth Daley’s article, but I did not know what to focus the posts on. I eventually ran with the idea of having a few very different posts that embraced different mediums (pictures, videos, step-by-step directions, etc.) instead of having a complete blog on one specific topic. Overall, I believe my blog turned out very well and I learned a lot about the program itself, as well as how much effort it takes to create a blog such as this one.

Share

advert

Dates of Interest

November 2012
S M T W T F S
« Oct    
 123
45678910
11121314151617
18192021222324
252627282930  

Archived Posts

Tag Cloud

TO TOP Subscribe RSS Twitter!