Introduction.

For my fourth paper, I have decided to focus my online blog on the aspect of learning through multimedia language. Through my posts, I will be integrating Elizabeth Daley’s third concept from her article, “Expanding the Concept of Literacy,” which states, “The multimedia language of the screen enables modes of thought, ways of communicating and conducting research, and methods of publications and teaching that are essentially different from those of text.” In order to illustrate this concept, I will use videos, audio clips, photographs, directions, and various other means of multimedia to portray my interests, thoughts, ideas, and memories.

Enjoy!

1.The multimedia language of the screen has become the current vernacular.

2. The multimedia language of the screen is capable of constructing complex meanings independent of text.

3. The multimedia language of the screen enables modes of thought, ways of communicating and conducting research, and methods of publications and teaching that are essentially different from those of text.

4. Lastly, following from the previous three arguments, those who are truly literate in the twenty-first century will be those who learn to both read and write the multimedia language of the screen.

Share

advert

Dates of Interest

October 2012
S M T W T F S
    Nov »
 123456
78910111213
14151617181920
21222324252627
28293031  

Archived Posts

Tag Cloud

TO TOP Subscribe RSS Twitter!