Deepening Your Mission: Jesuit Refugee Service Virtual Advocacy Day, April 5

Join Mission and Ministry and friends on Tuesday, April 5, and meet virtually with congressional offices, urging policymakers to take action on behalf of refugees for Jesuit Refugee Service Virtual Advocacy Day 2022.

Students, faculty, staff, alumni and community members are welcome. Jesuit Refugee Service USA will be there to help you prepare for this event as we schedule meetings, host a webinar, and provide you with talking points. Register hereSign up by March 18.

Last year, 20 members of the Creighton community participanted and with members of the following offices: Rep. Don Bacon (Nebraska), Sen. Ben Sasse (Nebraska), Sen. Deb Fischer (Nebraska), Rep. Betty McCollum (Minnesota), Sen. Jerry Moran (Kansas), Sen. Chuck Grassley (Iowa), Rep. Cynthia Axne (Iowa), and Sen. Roger Marshall (Kansas).

“I participated in a legislative visit with Rep. McCollum’s office and I am always impressed by how transparent and eager they are speaking with constituents. For the past two years, I have been involved with legislative visits through the SCSJ. My confidence in doing so has grown exponentially. This stems in part from practice, but mainly has come from the realization that this advocacy is fundamental to our democracy. It is the responsibility of both the representative and constituent to engage in this way. I am grateful for these lessons as I set out into my career,” said Clare Fitzpatrick,  College of Arts and Sciences, Class of 2021.

Contact Susan Naatz with questions at susannaatz@creighton.edu.

About Creighton Today