Local Community Engagement during COVID-19
Thank you for your interest, passion, and support during this uncertain time for our communities, our families, and our world due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Building community, engaging in reflection and serving with others is critically important, perhaps now more than ever! Check out the SCSJ’s various programs and ways to stay engaged below.
A small number of community partners are still in need of healthy volunteers and donations/goods for their community. Click on the link above to learn more about specific community organizations that welcome volunteers! The SCSJ is not facilitating off campus service at this time. Please consult local health authorities and the United Way and Share Omaha websites for more updated in-person volunteering options. Remember that all members of the Creighton community are expected to maintain the Creighton COVID-19 Community Standards on and off campus.
Siena/Francis House -
- Donating: Bottled Water, Lysol Aerosol Spray, Disinfecting Wipes, Hand Sanitizer, Hand Soap/Bar Soap, Disposable Gloves, Tissues, Razors, Shampoo/Conditioner, Vegetables & Fruit (canned or fresh), Salad Dressing/Mayonnaise, Peanut Butter/Jelly, Men’s & Women’s Underwear
- These items can be delivered to the loading dock of Siena Francis House’s main shelter at 1117 North 17th Street – accessible from the west side of 16th Street, located 200 yards north of Nicholas Street – and open from 8:00 am until 5:00 pm, Monday through Saturday.
Food Bank of the Heartland -
- $20 donation can provide enough food for 60 meals. Donate here to support increased community food needs.
Heartland Hope Mission -
- $20 provides 60 meals for 1 person in need. Donate here using code COVID19.
- Donations needed: toilet paper, shampoo, body wash, soap, toothpaste, diapers for babies (sizes 4, 5 and 6), canned meat, canned soup, cereal. Please drop off at 2021 U Street in Omaha, Tuesdays 6:30 pm-7:30 pm, Thursdays 1:30 pm-4 pm, and Saturdays 9:30 am-12 pm.
- Support us with “Heart Bags” – reusable bags filled with toiletry items such as toothpaste, toothbrushes, toilet paper, feminine products, soap, shampoo, body wash etc. delivered to 2221 Wirt St. Omaha, NE 68110 – C/O Dom Rahn.
- Need meals catered in, ingredients for a meal donated for the staff to prepare, and gift cards to grocery stores.
- Donations of any kind can be delivered to the Ronald McDonald House at 620 S 38th Ave., Omaha.
- The Banking on School Supplies supply drive organized by 11 local banks is supporting a dozen Omaha/Council Bluffs metro charities. This is a massive effort to provide every family in need with tools for a successful year of learning.
- School supplies can be purchased and shipped directly from an Amazon wish list or dropped in person at any participating bank location.
- Here are the details: SHAREomaha.org/supplies