April 20th-24th: Join us to both celebrate and protect our Earth with a variety of events this week!
Monday, April 20th:
1) Dust Off Your Bike • 11 am-1 pm on the Mall
- Come and tune up your bike on the Mall with students from the BikeNest.
2) Spring Cleaning and Soil Preparation • 1 pm at the Greenhouse (Hixson-Lied court yard)
- Your hands are needed to get the Greenhouse ready for summer planting!
3) Mother Kuskokwim Mini-Documentary Screening https://vimeo.com/105459110 • 5 pm Harper Auditorium
- Come and see the latest Backpack Journalism Mini-Documentary.
4) Climate Change Panel and an Advocacy Action • 7-8:30 pm in Harper 3028
- Come and hear perspectives on both the effects of climate change and what we can do to save our planet from further degredation. Creighton Students, Faculty, and Staff: Dr. Richard Miller, Fr. John Shea SJ, Joey Wichep, and Fr. Michael Flecky SJ will be presenting.
Tuesday, April 21st:
1) Speaker: Bill Moore, Editor in Chief of EV (Electric Vehicle) World • 5 pm in Eppley 119
- Come hear Bill Moore talk about Electric Vehicles and his work with EV World.
Wednesday, April 22nd:
1) Tea and Tai Chi • 1:30-3:30 pm on the Mall
- Enjoy tea and learn Tai Chi from a local master on the Mall!
2) *We Matter Climate Walk • 3:30-5:00 pm, Gather on the Mall*
- Come and show your support to end climate change. Gather on the Mall for music and celebration before walking downtown for our big CU Earth Week event!
Thursday, April 23rd:
1) Plants for Progress • 10am-12:30 pm on the Mall
- Come to the mall to pot a plant for your dorm or home with the Environmental Science Club!
For any questions please contact CatherineKeating@creighton.edu or MinhLe@creighton.edu
CCSJ Ignatian Advocacy Team, Energy Technology Program, Student Life, Program in Environmental Science, Environmental Science Club, Energy Technology Program, Theology Department, Cortina, Office of Multicultural Affairs, GreenJays, Sustainability Council