Grounded in Jesuit values and Catholic social principles, the Creighton Center for Service and Justice is committed to building a community of faith, in service, for justice. The CCSJ, a department of University Ministry is open to Student Coordinators of all backgrounds. CCSJ Student Coordinators become knowledgeable about the work of the CCSJ and the needs, gifts and opportunities of the broader community. They coordinate weekly local service; act as liaisons to other student, campus and community groups; represent CCSJ at University functions; help with office duties; and often initiate, organize and lead special projects and advocacy efforts. The position exists to empower students to facilitate, extend and deepen the service, faith and justice mission of Creighton University. There are paid and unpaid team positions available to approximately 25 students.
The CCSJ is looking for responsible students who wish to deepen their understanding of justice issues facing the Omaha, national and global communities through personal development, formation and direct service. Students must be self-starters and able to complete projects in a timely manner either individually or as part of a larger group. Qualified applicants should have strong inter-personal skills and a positive disposition, as they will be representing the CCSJ in the Creighton and Omaha communities. Please see team descriptions for more detailed information.
- Personal growth and mentoring in service and justice
- Leadership and ministry training
- Experience and supervision
- Occasional homemade fabulous goodies!
- Read General Position and Team Descriptions
- Gather the following items before beginning the online application
- Your calendar/school schedule to provide availability for interviews
- A list of previous CCSJ Program participation dates
- Contact information for a reference to list on your online application
- Submit the online application (please plan on the application taking approximately 45 minutes)
The CCSJ has eight teams with paid and volunteer positions available on each team. If you are interested in applying for one of these positions (volunteer or paid), please take a look over the Team Descriptions.
The application will be available online and is due on February 4th. We will be conducting interviews in the office on February 21-22 and will have final decisions out by March 8th.
Service and Justice Trips coordinator application and selection is conducted in the Fall.