Grounded in Jesuit values and Catholic Social Principles, the Schlegel Center for Service and Justice is committed to building a community of faith, in service, for justice. The SCSJ, a department of University Ministry is open to Student Team Leaders of all backgrounds. SCSJ Student Team Leaders become knowledgeable about the work of the SCSJ and the needs, gifts and opportunities of the broader community. They coordinate weekly local service; act as liaisons to other student, campus and community groups; represent SCSJ at University functions; help with office duties; and often initiate, organize and lead special projects and advocacy efforts. The position exists to empower students to facilitate, extend and deepen the service, faith and justice mission of Creighton University. There are paid and unpaid team positions available to students.
SCSJ is looking for responsible students who wish to deepen their understanding of justice issues facing the Omaha, national and global communities through personal development, formation and direct service. Students must be self-starters and able to complete projects in a timely manner either individually or as part of a larger group. Qualified applicants should have strong inter-personal skills and a positive disposition, as they will be representing the SCSJ in the Creighton and Omaha communities. Please see team descriptions for more detailed information.
- Personal growth and mentoring in service and justice
- Leadership and ministry training
- Experience and supervision
- Occasional homemade fabulous goodies!
- Read General Position and Team Descriptions (position-description)
- Gather the following items before beginning the online application (please plan on the application taking approximately 45 minutes)
- Your calendar/school schedule to provide availability for interviews
- A list of previous SCSJ Program participation dates
- Contact information for a reference to list on your online application
- Your updated resume focusing on service, faith, justice and diversity experiences
The SCSJ has teams with paid and volunteer positions available on each team. If you are interested in applying for one of these positions (volunteer, paid, or federal work-study), please take a look over the Team Descriptions and position-description.
We encourage anyone interested in working in the SCSJ to apply! Deadline to apply is January 22, 2017.
Keep in mind a mandatory week of training including an overnight retreat (May 6-7, 2017) and On campus Training (August 15-18, 2017) will be required for all team leaders.