Mark Welsch, Omaha Coordinator ~ NFPOmaha1970@gmail.com ~ 402-453-0776
PO Box 6418, Omaha NE 68106 ~ http://nebraskansforpeace.org/
Nebraskans for Peace is a statewide grassroots advocacy organization working nonviolently for Peace with Justice through community building, education and political action.
As the oldest statewide Peace & Justice organization in the country, Nebraskans for Peace is the acknowledged voice on peace and social justice issues in Nebraska politics. We have continually advocated for dialogue and peaceful resolution of conflicts, while steadfastly promoting the rights of all people throughout our decades-long history. We address issues of military intervention and foreign policy, economic justice, the environment, Palestinian rights, stopping climate change, nonviolence education, capital punishment, gender and racial equality. Nebraskans for Peace is committed to standing up for what is right, and we are committed to upholding this tradition of conscience, justice and peacemaking for generations to come.
Volunteers with Nebraskans for Peace work in the following activities:
1. Recruit other volunteers – at reserved tables at events, from friends, family and associates
2. Organize events where our issues are discussed
3. Set up and participate in meetings with grasstops (leaders in our community) to talk about our issues
4. Call elected officials to urge them to do the right thing on our issues
5. Write to elected officials to urge them to do the right thing on our issues
6. Set up meetings to talk with elected officials and/or their staff about our issues
7. Meet and talk with elected officials and/or their staff about our issues
8. Organize vigils and protests to draw the public’s attention to our issues