Men and Women for our World

On February 5, we commemorate the death of Pedro Arrupe, S.J. Looking back at my Creighton experience, I see how we live out his famous words of “men and women for others” in every part of my collegiate life.

From classes, my time in the CCSJ and all of my extra activities, I see Pedro Arrupe’s words of “men and women for others” lived out. I especially see these words present in my work at the CCSJ. In my two years of working on the Ignatian Family Teach-In for Justice through the CCSJ, I found students and faculty not only being men and women for others in their Creighton community, but being men and women for others in our world as well. My first time at the Ignatian Family Teach-In for Justice in Washington D.C. was in 2010 when I was still a Senior in High School. That year I had my first legislative visit. I remember walking into my Congressman’s office and being so nervous about speaking to my Congressman and also scared that I would forget some of the information for my topic. When my meeting was done though, I was so relieved and excited for my next legislative visit. Since that first meeting four years ago I’ve done many legislative visits about different topics. Doing legislative visits is one of the many ways I see our Creighton community being men and women for our world.

This month, I find myself preparing again for legislative visits with our Nebraska legislators as a part of the Ignatian Advocacy Month. Feel free to drop by the CCSJ for more information or check out our website for more updates. For more information about the Ignatian Family Teach-In for Justice of Ignatian Advocacy Month feel free to check out the Ignatian Solidarity Network at ignatiansolidarity.net

Roselle Agdipa
College of Arts and Sciences
CCSJ Student Coordinator
Ignatian Family Teach-In for Justice, Co-Chair

The CCSJ blogs are meant to be a place for Creighton students, faculty, staff, alumni/ae, and friends to reflect on their experiences with programs sponsored by the office or related to its mission. The views expressed in these reflections, and all other blogs found on or linked to from this website, are those of the individual authors and are not necessarily those of Creighton University, the Creighton Center for Service and Justice (CCSJ), or any of the University’s affiliates. The University and the CCSJ are not responsible for the actions, content, accuracy, or opinions expressed in these blogs.