Tuesdays at Completely Kids

lauren brownThere are many joys that come from working in the CCSJ: the community and relationships with co-workers, helping to plan Service and Justice trips, and my personal favorite, weekly service sites. This year I have had the privilege of leading a group of students at Completely Kids, a non-profit organization providing after school services to kids of Jackson and Liberty Elementary Schools.

Not a week goes by that I don’t learn about a new child at Completely Kids that impacts my life. By going to Completely Kids every Tuesday, I get to see the joy and excitement in the eyes of the kids as well as the Creighton students that get to be kids again for a couple hours. We relinquish our responsibilities and busy schedules, and we get to be ourselves and just be with the kids. This site has fostered a love for children I didn’t previously have, an opportunity to learn about the educational system within Omaha, and an opportunity to take a step back and broaden my horizons.

Lauren Brown
College of Arts and Sciences
Student Coordinator

The CCSJ blogs are meant to be a place for Creighton students, faculty, staff, alumni/ae, and friends to reflect on their experiences with programs sponsored by the office or related to its mission. The views expressed in these reflections, and all other blogs found on or linked to from this website, are those of the individual authors and are not necessarily those of Creighton University, the Creighton Center for Service and Justice (CCSJ), or any of the University’s affiliates. The University and the CCSJ are not responsible for the actions, content, accuracy, or opinions expressed in these blogs.

PrintStumbleUponDeliciousShare