Hundreds of people in Macy, Nebraska have no safe water to drink due to several water main breaks last week detailed in this news story: http://www.kcautv.com/story/20877898/hundreds-in-need-of-drinking-water-in-macy-nebraska. Creighton University Ministry and Heart Ministry Center are partnering to collect bottled water, hand sanitizer, and monetary donations to help the residents of Macy.
How to help:
By next Ash Wednesday at noon (February 13), drop off the following at the sites listed below:
- cash or checks (made payable to “Heart Ministry Center” with “Macy Water Relief” on the memo line) – note that Heart Ministry Center can buy water for $3 per case
- bottled water (any size)
- hand sanitizer (any size, unopened)
Drop-off Locations (generally 9 am – 4 pm best):
- Creighton Center for Service and Justice (CCSJ, Harper Center 2067)
- Campus Ministry (Lower Swanson)
- Institute for Latin American Concern (ILAC, Criss III, room 262)
We plan to deliver supplies next Wednesday afternoon. For more information, contact Ken Reed-Bouley at the CCSJ at firstname.lastname@example.org or 280-2754.