The Peace and Justice Cooperative would like to invite you to participate in events, sponsored by various groups and organizations, inspired by various social justice issues.
Monday, November 12
- NETwork Against Malaria will be having a sale of their handmade jewelry in order to benefit those in Africa who need bed nets. The sale will be from 10am – 2pm in the CCSJ (Harper 2067).
- Honors Program Panel. Join Dr. O’Keefe, the History Department, and Students in Free Enterprise for a discussion on where social justice interacts with society. Harper 3028 5:30-6:30 P.M.
- Justice Without Borders will be hosting a Worker Appreciation Pie Day to thank our wonderful workers while building relationship with them! Come to Lower St. John’s between 1-3:30 PM or 6-8:30 PM to sit down and eat some pie with wonderful people!
Tuesday, November 13
- “Go Bannanas!” Learn more about the impact of purchasing Fair Trade bananas on growers. Come for the movie Banana Split and stay to sign a petition to get Fair Trade bananas on campus. The movie and petition signing will be from 6:00 – 8:30pm in Harper 2066.
Wednesday, November 14
- Be a voice for change! Join the CCSJ’s advocacy team for a letter-writing campaign about hunger. Stop by the CCSJ (Harper 2067) anytime between 6:00 – 7:30pm to participate in the campaign.
Thursday, November 15
- Counting trash with the Sustainability Council. Harper Center loading dock, 4:30pm.
- Campus Ministry Praise and Worship. Campus Ministry (Lower Swanson) at 9pm.