This time of year, it seems appropriate to reflect on the past year and list a few of things for which we are thankful. So here goes . . . .
We are thankful for opportunities possible in the new University Archives, Rare Books & Special Collections department. With the Rare Books Room (above) and additional collections, we can better serve more people in more ways.
It has been a blessing to reflect on the pages of the Heritage Edition of The Saint John’s Bible. It also has been a blessing to be present as visitors react – visibly and audibly – to the beautiful sacred artistic work.
On a personal note, I am grateful for the individuals who do so much for our department.
- Thank you to Katherine, Beth, Elenore, Sydney, Cat, Quinn, Blair and Lexie (student workers and interns).
- Thank you to former student workers who continue to support us with their time, talents and information.
- Thank you to my colleagues from the three Creighton libraries for helping to navigate new challenges.
- A special thanks to Greg for his great work, and to Gerry for her many contributions. (Enjoy retirement, Gerry!)
- Thank you to the many people on campus who repeatedly do a variety of things that benefit our department.
- Thank you to friends from the broader Creighton community who assist our efforts in multiple ways. Your cheerful encouragement is much appreciated.
Here’s wishing you and yours a wonderful, restful, blessed and Happy Thanksgiving!