Summer summer summer time….

Enjoying your summer….or are you saying “What Summer?” like the rest of us?  We are busy in our office meeting with many newly crowned seniors and assisting our incoming freshmen in class registration and finding their advisors (here, we call them preceptors – love the Latin around here!).  What are you busy with?  I also coach football at Millard South, and we had our kids camp early last week, so I know a lot of students are busy getting ready for Fall sports staying busy with Pre-Season training – and I wish all of my students the best of luck and hope you all stay injury free!

So what should you be doing now?  If you are already to go for the Fall, start spending that graduation money and pick up your residence hall supplies (remember, the sheets are twin extra long!).  Make sure you have all of your registration times taken care of.

To my NEW seniors – start working on those personal statements and activities resumes!  email me your rough drafts if you have questions, and start making plans for when you are completing applications and visiting the campuses.  New juniors – check out the open houses when you can!  I know Iowa Private College Week in August allows students to visit quite a few – but even though Creighton isn’t on the official roster, don’t be afraid to make it our way as well!  Hoping to see and hear from you soon.

Go Jays!

Joe

p.s.  If you’re coming to Omaha for the College World Series, we’d love to see you on campus!

Share

This entry was posted in Joe in Admissions. Bookmark the permalink.